LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hashmat Azim (nil)     05 September 2014

Attempt to murder and harrasment

I am living on Rent in Delhi. My house owner is all the time on drugs like Charas, Ghanja, alcohol etc. And he come mostly in the night to borrow him money. I am living with my wife and our little baby  of two months. My Wife is house wife and i am working in a private company. Some times when i am not at home he goes to my room and abusing my wife. Before two days he came to my room in the night and again asked to borrow him money but i refused because i didn't have money. When i refused he started abusing and beating me and asked me to leave the room, i said how can i leave the room at this moment then he took knife from his pocket to kill me. His mother, wife, brother and some other his family members stopped him other wise he would have killed me.

I am afraid to call the police because i am sure police will not take any action till they don't have witness. Witness is all his family but i am sure they will not go against him and if police will  not take action then he will kill me for sure.

Now for me is very hard to leave the room because i have a little baby and so much things to carry and so fast finding the room is also difficult.

I just wanna know what is solution to get rid off from such person, because i am really afraid to leave my wife and child alone at home and even i am not sleeping in night because of the fear that he may come in the night.

 4 Replies

NUT (Programmer)     05 September 2014

Get out of that place at any cost's not safe for any of your family members ...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 September 2014

have you reported the matter to the police.


Police generally do not take prompt action on drug addict for obvious fear but still you need to have a background.  Evfen after shifting  to new place he may visit you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 September 2014

further.  there is some incoherence.  a drug addict is anytime physically weak and how could he threaten you with a mere knife.


Further.  When attacked at night your family is witness and further witness could be created by neighbourhood alarm.


This may be first case for you and not for police.  They know their job andnext time call police immediately.

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     06 September 2014

Why do you presume that the police will not take any action? At least try to file a complaint with the police and if they don’t take any action then you have the option of going to the senior police officers and also to the court through a private complaint. Your wife would be a witness to the incident.


Secondly, since you are staying in the house of that person on rent, the best way to get rid of him (as you have sought to know) is to vacate his house and shift to some other house on rent, more so because your wife is a house-wife and stays alone in that house in your absence.



It is true that you may not be able to shift the house over-night, but now already 2 days have passed. Try to find a new house as soon as possible for your own security. It is not impossible to find a new house, provided you try your best to search one.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query