LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek Vinayak   09 February 2020

Article 498A

Sir, my sister was married in 2013 in Jharkhand from Bihar.
Since the marriage she was being mentally pressurised . Her in-law parents used to ask for full-bucket dowry. They say shameful words for her a lot. In other words they used to force her to be agreed to leave and divorce or to suicide.
The situation gone more worsen when my sis got victim of physical harassment 2 days ago. Her 4 year child was the eyewitness for this incident . I can't wait for this to be happened again. So, further I am looking for a valid legal action against them. Either to take them the right track or to get punished enough. I need the best suggestion urgently. Thank you

Sir contact me on 7488997162

Learning

4 Replies

Joy Bose   09 February 2020

Hello,

You need to file an FIR on behalf of your sister in the nearest police station under section 498A of the IPC and section 12 of the Domestic Violence Act, 2005. It is best for her to leave that house as soon as possible. A protection officer under the DV Act will be appointed for your case.

Feel free to ask any further question

Regards,

Joy Bose

Rupin Dhama   10 February 2020

File a criminal complaint against them and she can also file domestic violence and 498 a case. she can also demand for maintenance.

For more information contact us on 9999121211 or on Facebook/email rupin.lawjunction@gmail.con

Satish Reddy Aleti   10 February 2020

Give a complaint against her husband, in-laws and concerned persons who involved in the violence. File 498A, Dowry Case and Maintenance Case Under 125 cr.p.c. They will come to compromise and settle with Permanent Alimony and go for Mutual Divorce. Record the Audio and Video if possible which enables to get case very strong.
Satish Reddy Aleti, Advocate

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 February 2020

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register