LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammed   10 May 2020

Appeal in lower court

if the regular appeal in civil court is not Admitted, whether same can be challenged in High Court..

 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 May 2020


You can approach high court against the orders of district court.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 May 2020

In a civil suit, the first appeal is a statutory right and hence requires to be decided on merits. It is seldom that it is dismissed at the admission stage. High Court would take up the second appeal only if there is a substantial question of law requies to be decided.

1 Like

Manogya Chava   13 May 2020

In furtherance of the above answers provided by experts, you may look into the following articles for better understanding -

Hope this helps, thank you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query