Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhika Srivastava   07 December 2022

Apartment parking issue

I have an allotted parking space in an apartment. However due to builder's unsystematic distribution of parking spaces my parking space has been blocked by other owner's parkings as a result of which I am not able to access my parking space. The problem is the builder has died and the company is under a process of being striken off. We tried to find a solution ( middle way ) with the society's committee but in vain. Is there any legal course of action which can be taken? Since not being able to use the parking space is as good as no parking. 


 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 December 2022

you can approach registrar of residential societies under the state govt. 

Adv. Shrey Shah (Advocate)     08 December 2022

Please approach the Deputy Registrar of the concerned ward. You can also file a complaint with under relevant sections of MCS (or the relevant cooperative act where the building is situated)

Radhika Srivastava   08 December 2022

Am I not entitled to file a complaint under RERA? Although I know that the apartment is an old property of 2008 whereas RERA came into force in 2016. Also, the society is not registered under the societies act and also they do not have any such bye laws. A sense of monopoly has been created by a few owners and despite requesting them several times they are not ready to provide any solution. It is very difficult for us to park our car in somebody's elses allotted parking area and move out the car when they object. What should be the proper course of action in this case? 

Read more at:

Adv. Shrey Shah (Advocate)     08 December 2022

Where is the society located at ?

Radhika Srivastava   08 December 2022

Ranchi, Jharkhand. 


For cooperative housing societies the Registrar of Coop. Societies or his authorized officer is bound to opine through its legal cell and for Apartment Ownership Complex/s RERA may come into picture. To know more feel free to call me on 03379618311 and without any obligation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query