LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANN   09 June 2020

Apartment

I do not agree for CCTV installation in Building Premises, so can other owners force me to pay the contribution for the CCTC installation charges

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 June 2020

Hello,

If society passes resolution for installation then you have to pay contribution for installation of CCTV. However you can challenge the resolution before co-op registrar. The CCTV installation is for security purpose of residents of building so it is in your interest also. So I do not find any reason to oppose the CCTV installtion. 

Varnita Ojha   09 June 2020

Hello Sir/Maam,

If you do not agree for the installation of the cctv the other appartment owners can not force you to pay for the same but as it is a society and it is for the safety reasons. there is no obligations legally for you to pay but as a member of the society there are moral obligation.

MANN   09 June 2020

At present we know the financial situation of many is bad and in this time it's difficult for single earning person to contribute in all this extra expenses. And our society is not registered and hardly we are 16 owners so for contributions will be of more money which is not bearable at this juncture for me. So but there is no specific law which force for contribution?? Which I assume

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 June 2020

The Society cannot compel unless it is legally empowered. That may not the case as the Society is unregistered.

MANN   13 June 2020

Sir Thanks for your kind reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register