Seeking advice for my cousin brother who got married a month back only. He is a M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and had wanted a wife who is at least a graduate. This marriage happened with the help of some distant relatives who completely fooled us and we later came to know that the girl does not hold any degree. The marriage is 1 month old only. Here are some bitter truth which we came to know only after marriage :-
1. They told she is BA in history, so in the marriage invitation we printed it as BA history and later we came to know that she has not passed any exams in the course..
2. On top of this, she has only studied till 10th. She did not go to school after 10th and just registered for BA history in an open university. It is possible to study BA without 12th pass if done through correspondence.
3. They did not let us know about these details before marriage, never allowed the girl and boy to talk so that we never come to know about the truth. On the marriage day too, there were incidents where the girl lied that she is BA history.
4. Also she has been taking pills for Thyroid since her 9th grade, even her medical condition was not told to us.
5. The way the girl was sent to our home was as if it is the end of their resposibility and it is the start of ours. she is also not mentally sound.
My brother has not had any physical relation with her and we are planning to send her back to her home. We do not have any proofs except the marriage invitation that we were fooled. No medical records were exchanged prior.
I would like to know, if this case could be considered in annulment of marriage, which is 1 month and 3 days old and no physical relationship has occurred. Also is this case strong enough to be won from our side.
hoping to get some replies.