Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veerasiddeshwar S Hiremath   13 March 2023

Ancestral property Right

I have ancestral property of 15 acres of agricultural land.
My sister is poor. She is asking me to give 2 acres of land from our ancestral property. But my wife is not agreeing to that. I want to give 2 acres to my sister. Is there any way to give it without my wife's signature through court?


 8 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 March 2023

Your wife has no right over your ancestral property.  And for ancestral property, your sister has also an equal share with you.  If she files a partition suit she will succeed it.

2 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 March 2023

Yes, your sister has equal right and share in your ancestral and parental property and if you deny her right and share  she can claim through court.

2 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 March 2023

Well analysed ,opined and advised by experts, I concur and appreciate..

Let your wife may say anything, she has no right, interest, claim or title in your ancestral property.

Your sister has an equal share in her ancestral property with other siblings.

1 Like

Veerasiddeshwar S Hiremath   14 March 2023

What happens if my wife files an objection in properties registration office within 45 days of registration?

Shashi Dhara   19 March 2023

They will reject it .if you have children's their consent is also necessary .

1 Like

Veerasiddeshwar S Hiremath   19 March 2023

Thank you sir, But my son's age is below 18 years now.

Shashi Dhara   19 March 2023

You have not stated that your father and mother is alive or not if your mother is alive her consent is necessary if your father is not alive ,you can sign on behalf of your son as you are his natural gaurdian as he is minor.

1 Like

Veerasiddeshwar S Hiremath   19 March 2023

Thank you Kavsathyanarayana sir, Advocate Bhartesh Goyal sir, J C Vashista sir and Shashi Dhara sir for your valuable guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register