LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suhana   15 June 2022

Ancestral property

My father in law purchased a property, willed if to his wife, she got it transferred to her name post his death. She then releases it to her son and he has now got it registered in his name. I wish to know can the son's son consider it an ancestral property and lay claims on it as the father is an irresponsible parent and wants to sell the property to satisfy his bad habits. TIA

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     15 June 2022

No, Properyy is not  an ancestral property, it will be considered as self acquired property of son and he is absolute owner of property and has every right to transfer it as per his wish.

Sravika Reddy Kohir   15 June 2022

Hello Suhana, I acknowledge your question. According to the facts stated the property mentioned here falls under the category of ancestral property. A son has a right over the property of his father’s ancestral property from his birth. And in this case where the father is misusing the property, he being the class 1 heir has complete rights in claiming the property. If there are any siblings, they shall have the same right too such a property shall then be shared equally.

I hope I have answered your question.

Have a good day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register