Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar (system engineer)     28 August 2021

Ancestral property

I am survived with my father and my father has a sister and she was married in grandfather died without making any will he died in my father sister claiming for partition, how can we challenge this? How can we do partition for a land of 540 sqft?


 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 August 2021

Your aunt has an equal share in her father's property along with other legal heirs. Amicably settle the issue.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 August 2021

Settle the issue amicably without invoking legal authorities as the subject land is stated to be 540 sq. ft.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 August 2021

Absolutely agreed with experts

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 August 2021

It appears the property belonged to your grandfather, but there is nothing to hold that the property is ancestral. As such, the property is jointly vested with all the legal heirs of the late grandfather. Partition is possible in terms of the value of the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register