LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nazp   22 November 2020

Ancestral property

How can I claim my share in my grandfather's earned property. My father has not earned anything on his own but owns share in grandfather's ancestral property and land and looks like he is not ready to pass it on to me.I have two sisters also. Does my father have the right to withhold my share in my grandfathers property?

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 November 2020

If the property is self acquired property of your grandfather then you have no right to claim share therein and if it is grandfather's ancestral undivided property then you can claim share in it by filing partition suit in court.

Meenakshi Sakhare   22 November 2020

A grandchild, both grandson, and granddaughter have an equal share with their father in their grandfather's ancestral property. In the case of grandfather's self-acquired or separate property, a grandson will have inheritance right only when his father predeceased his grandfather.

you will have to file a suit for partition.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 November 2020

How is that the property is ancestral? Is your grandfather alive. Please post complete facts.

Nazp   23 November 2020

Grandfather is not alive, can grandson claim his share by filing partition suit ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 November 2020

You are yet to state how the property is ancestral!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register