LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay hiremath   27 January 2022

Amount given by children to father whether it is source of income

we the brothers give money to my father for his monthly expenses sometimes cash and sometimes by account transfer as my father retired from NGO and doesn't have pension .
To claim my deceased sister's family pension for my father, they are asking Income certificate.Is the amount given by us is considered as source of income or not

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 January 2022

Income certificate will be issued by Tahasildar of you Taluka.  It is not necessary to mention the amount given to your father.  It is just given out of love and affection.  Its not source of income

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 January 2022

Yes.  It is not a source of income.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 January 2022

You are giving money to your father on your own free will. Is there a written understanding that you will continue to gve money to your father. Such payment by you cannot be considered as inccome of your father. Income is an amount over which he  has a right to receive. He can make a claim for the pension, if there is a provision in the pension laws to give it to him.

Mamta Sharma   28 January 2022

Dear sir,

Firstly, the amount given by you and your brother will not be considered as source of income. Income should be on a regular basis by way of employment, investments or pension etc. then only it can be called as source of income. Here, you and your brother are giving money out of affection so it will not fall under the category of source of Income. 

Hope this answers your question.

Regards 

Mamta Sharma

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register