Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pranesh (analyst)     24 March 2012

Amendments to hindu marriage act

Hi,

We have applied for mutual consent divorce a month back and in cooling period of six months. Now there seems to be an amendment  which gives courts the right to reduce or waive off the mandatory cooling period and grant divorce immediately.

Does this holds good for already filed cases or only new petitions filed from now onwards?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     24 March 2012

The amendments have not become law yet, no impact on you..

pujols20 (Techie)     24 March 2012

When would these amendments become effective ? Will government be releasing a "gazette" only then this would become law ? I am traying to understand the process here. Pleae suggest

DHARMINDER GULATI (ACCOUNTANT)     26 March 2012

FRIENDS/SIR

I WANT TO KNOW IF A HUSBAND HAS WAITING FOR HER WIFE SINCE LAST 6 YEARS WHO WAS LIVING SEPARATE WITH HER MOTHER DUE TO SOME MISUNDESTANDING ( THAT IS A HUSBAND IS GIVING MORE ATTENTION TO HER MOTHER,BROTHER,SISTER THAN HIS WIFE)  AND HER HUSBAND CAN WAIT HER TILL HIS DEATH. IS COURT CAN FORCEFULLY MAKE THEM SEPARATE. PLEASE REPLY

xyz (manager)     26 March 2012

Hi.....Mirage..............Once it becomes an act then will it be applicable on Pranesh's case?????

rajiv_lodha (zz)     26 March 2012

@ dharminder!

If this law comes into force, she may seek divorce on IRBM grounds.............& irony is that u can oppose it. She will be granted her wish as well as property-reward will be waiting for her!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More