amendment of passport of child if parent remarries

Project Manager

A cousin of mine has a peculiar problem and sought suggestions from me.

He is 29 years now. His mother divorced his biological father 20 years ago on mutual consent and without visitation rights to the father. She married another person and the family, including the boy migrated to Saudi Arabia.

In the recent past they returned to India and have plans to settle down. Also, get the boy married in near future.

He has obtained PAN Card, Aadhar card and other identity documents in the name of his current father. However, his passport carries name of his Biological father, who is in oblivion now.

When he wanted to ammend the passport to incorporate current father, the concerned office asked him to present an Adoption certificate. It is only then they realised that this procedure was not done and they do not possess an Adoption certificate.

Can someone suggest what are the implications if there is a descrepancy in the Passport  and other identity documents? Is there a way that he can make the desired amendment in the passport document?







Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x