amendment of consumer complaint by complainant

Admin/Hr Manager

I am respondent in a consumer case .An agreement is executed in 30/oct/2013 for construction of a house.Started the work.completed foundation and started filling.At this stage the owner asked me to stop the work(oral instruction) on 14/jan/2014.She posted a complaint in police station under 420 against me on 8/feb/2014 for that i sought anticipatory bail and for that i had deposited 6 lakhs.Total consideration involved in contract was 5078000 and i recieved 1015000.She filed a complaint in consumer forum for getting compensation for 10laks.Commision report taken and it was under valued.Before taking objection in court the complainant demolished all work done by me in her plot.Now she is asking for amendment of compensation to 26 lakhs.What can be done in this stage


Dear Raji,

An amendment can be moved, and can be allowed if it does not introduces fresh facts or cause of action, please ensure if such amendment sort exceeds the jurisdiction of fora then the fore should reject the complaint, you can raise this defence.

Thanks & regards,

Adv. Nitish Banka





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x