LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal Advice   26 December 2022

Alimony & unemployed husband

we are both 43/44, in Telangana India. Mine is second marriage. His is first. I am the educated employed and breadwinnner. He is unemployed uneducated no earnings, no property. My reason for marrying for his health was good for his age. He agreed to have kids at this age. I was fine being the breadwinner.

Now he seems to have a major temperamental issues. He anyways does nothing and I am fine with it. He cant perform at s*x also. So I am having to go for IVF. He is complaining that he is uncomfortable coming to clinics for depositing sperm. He wants to keep "learning " naturally. If it happens it happens, even though docs are trying to rush me if I want children at all.

So, I agreed to try and live together again. but just for information.

1. If i do get pregnant with the IVF, do I still have to give him custody and pay him alimony? We have not been living together for a few months already.

2. If I apply for divorce now and (by the remote chance that he agrees for mutual divorce), can I get divorce immediately so that I can try for children with anonymous sperm donors?  (I have 43, so cant wait longer to have children)

3. Do I have to pay him alimony?

The ideal situation would have been not get married at all and have baby with anonymous donor. But well, its a big mistake done.

Learning

3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   26 December 2022

Court process is long process ,it takes time  ,if carona spreadss the court may be closed ,so think about you to become mother with husband's sperm or through donor sperm ,if it takes late then keep your ovary in freezer in bank and you can become mother  after also.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 December 2022

precautions from IVF. If you have IVF, you have a slightly higher risk of having an ectopic pregnancy, where the embryo implants in a fallopian tube rather than in the womb. This can cause pain in the tummy, followed by v**ginal bleeding or dark v**ginal discharge.

Legal Advice   06 January 2023

thank you.

With his financial and education situation, is it possible he gets custody rights?

Once I get the divorce, can I have full custody since I am financially settled?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register