IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dimple   08 May 2022

Alienation of affection


Can a wife sue other women (who is also her husband's relative)  for conspiring and destroying her marriage? Is there any law in India similar to alienation of affection lawsuit? Can she claim for compensation from that other women if she has proofs?


 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 May 2022

Protection of Women from Domestic  Violence Act, 2005 Section 18 may apply to your case.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 May 2022


As per me you cannot file case against other woman for alienation of affection in India. There is no law for alienation of affection which may grant compensation in India. 

Dimple   09 May 2022

Is there any other law under which i can file specifically suit/petition against her?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     09 May 2022

The answer is a capital NO to your query.

Dimple   09 May 2022

That means if even some has ruined my life but still I won't be able to do anything about it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course law

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query