LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankush Choubey   06 March 2024

Aiims guwahati puts appointment on hold saying there is case in cat tribunal but no orders given by

AIIMS Delhi conducted Centralised common exam for govt job where 14 AIIMS participated in exam but a person filed case of personal relief regarding age relaxation as he was declared ineligible by AIIMS so he filed a case in CAT delhi principal bench and now exam completed all other AIIMS participated in same exam already gave joining but AIIMS GUWAHATI puts hold on joining said that there is case filed in Tribunal but there is no orders from tribunal to hold joining and even petitioner also surprised that why they put hold on appointment of others when this is the matter of his personal relief if he wins the case he will be given job and if he doesn't win then he will not be given job,.So my question is " can joining of a candidate be put on hold if there is no such orders from court/Tribunal to hold Joining and other AIIMS who participated in same exam already gave appointment". Where should we file case against such injustice done by AIIMS Guwahati? Should I file case in CAT Ghuwhati, Hon'ble Guwahati High court or CAT Delhi bench where originally case was filed . And can I file it by claiming violation of fundamental rights as despite of no orders to hold joining still Guwahati choose to hold merely just someone files the case of personal relief. Even there are numerous case filed against recruitment of ssc, upsc, railway, ibps but joining is not kept on hold untill court orders to do so , we don't know what to do now please help 


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 March 2024

The aggrieved person/s can file a petition to implead him in the ongoing CAT case and seek an order to get their relief against AIIMS Guwahati.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 March 2024

Given facts do not call for impleadment.


please be claer:-


  1. Has your eligibility / suitability been challeged.)
  2. If there is stay order by court ? (please check CAT website)
  3. are you at the bottom of select list?

Ankush Choubey   07 March 2024

1. No, it has not changed

2. No, then is no stay order from court to hold joining 

3. No, i am not at bottom in list

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 March 2024

Apparently (as per facts so far shared) you need no join any on going case.


You can give representation and if not heard move to CAT.


An effetive epresentation is rquired to be made.  Meet a lawyer or a person well versed in service matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register