Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh (Manager)     07 April 2013

Agriculture land purchase

Respected Sir/Madam,

I have shortlisted a piece of agricultural land in Rajapur Taluka, district Ratnagiri, State Maharashtra.

I need advice on documentation required while buying the same.

To brief you about Land

- It's a family ancestral Land total members on 7/12 - 2 brothers, 1 sister, 1 wife & 2 daguters of 1 expired brother

- All settled & staying at different cities & nobody goes & visit village property

- One person in village handles the issues like property tax bill payment etc. who does not have any power of authority.

My first question is " Is it mandatory to visit collector office with all members on 7/12 while buying?" "Is there any way where one person can handle the process on there behalf?"

My second question is "My own name is not on any 7/12 document but mother's name is there on ancestral property 7/12. Can i buy Agri land on this basis? if yes what documentatation is mandatory for me to submit while buying land?

I am extreamly confused & nobody is giving any proper direction. 

I request your help on same.

thanking you all in advance for initialting this forum.






 5 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     08 April 2013

yes it is mandatory to sign a sale deed before sub registrar of the area,but you can can use POA of the co-sharer duly registered before sub registrar of the area of residence in favor of nay family member, and he will execute the document of sale deed. 2]you can buy an agri. land attach 7/12 of your mom and your birth certificate or nay document as a proof your mother son relationship to the sale deed.

Ashutosh (Manager)     08 April 2013

Dear Mr. Patil,

Thanks for your advice & time spent.

Here one more time i would like to clear 4 co shareres reside at 4 different places including outside Maharastra (Bangalore). Will 3 different power of authorities made at 3 different places will be accepatble at district Place?

Please also confirm if release deed also necesary for above process or only POA is sufficient.

I am sure with all of your expert help, the process will be smooth for me unless officials at Rajapur won't trouble us for bribes & cuts.

Thanking you once again!

Best regards,


sr (developer)     25 May 2013

Dear Sir if a girl marries in a agricultural family, can she purchase agri land on his name using 7/12 of her father in law or any other in family

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     25 May 2013

If girl marries in a agricultural family, can she purchase agri land on her name using 7/12 of her father in law or any other in family as she has a right in agricultural land in her inlaws.
1 Like

sr (developer)     25 May 2013

thanks sir.

Just to confirm. We are purchasing land on my wifes name using my father's 7/12. and we are purchasing in maharashtra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query