LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Selva Kumar (Software Engineer)     15 March 2010

Agriculture Land Acquisition

Hi Law Gurus, I my village a agriculture land of 2 acers was acquised by goverment and given to some SC ( sorry to use this word) people for building home. Those people already have land and home but they applied to governemrnt and acquired the land . The goverment people ( VOA,Village President,tasildar ) didn't issue any notification periorly before acquiring the land. They came with police and reserve police force and acquired the land . During the aquisition the land owner asked the notice , so the police took him to police station and at the evening after the aquisation is finished . Before 25 year the same story happan for my grand father . This continous by generation to generation and we are losing our agriculture land . Please tell me what action the land owner can take legally and how to stop this agriculture land aquisition futher. Thanks in advance for your suugestions... Selva


 8 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     15 March 2010

If it is without notice, the land owners can very well approach the High Court by way for a writ and seek appropriate remedy.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     15 March 2010

It is totally illegal act. and it is done n presence of police they will be suspended it is a serious crime you follow the course of law  ur right will be protected no one can take ur land htat way

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     15 March 2010

I do agree with learned seniors.

niranjan (civil practice)     15 March 2010

It is forcible dispossession and you have every right to take legal steps,it is not acquisition.

Mangesh (Executive)     16 March 2010

One of the person having a zopada in my land now he developed his zopada in a big house recently.  He grabbed surrounding land. he getting a gharpatti pavati from grampanchayat. When we go to lawyer he took almost 2 years to make a case he took lot of money from both sides.  Now my old father going court for each court date & lowyer gives new court date. I dont know what to do.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     16 March 2010

Mr. mnagesh if u r a sole owner of said land then the zopda or house on ur land is owned by u only. u r the only owner of that house just lock it . what ever goods inside the said house is also yours.this is a basic principle of land law. before that u must check that u have not admmited the possession or tresspass of another person in ur land at any forum or court anyway

Selva Kumar (Software Engineer)     17 March 2010

What kind of steps i can take priorly (do i what get any documents from court or from any government authority ) to stop land acquisition in future when they come to acquire my land ?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     18 March 2010

if is an agriculteral land the connstruction is illegal. if  7/12 extract is in ur name and tresspasser is not tanent he coont enter ur formland without ur concent. for being a tenant his name should be at 12 in form 7/12.just go to tahashil office ask them permmission for demolition of ur illegal structure on ur land. after getting  permission demolish it. nobody will just look at ur property. u hav e every right to enjoy ur property. it is u to to enjoy.ifhe uses muscle power ask police by showing tahashildar's order . never admit his possession on ur property.once u have admitted the possession though it illegal it is very difficult to evacuatein indian law system. it will take decads together and a lot of harassment.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query