LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailesh Patel   30 November 2021

Agricultural land.

The agricultural land has one survey number. As per heredity it has 2 brother ownership in 7/12 document and jointly.

Now for sale  of half portion of land to third party

1.the dastavej saledeed on sellers side required sign of both or single- can sale his portion on his own?

Please advice.


 11 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 November 2021

Both must be sign. since the ownership is on both in the records.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 November 2021

Yes. Both the brothers shall execute the document.  Or first, divide the property by meats and bounds, then anyone can sell his share to anyone.

Shashi Dhara   01 December 2021

It is in joint ownership  divide it  with metes and bounds ,if not jointly sign.

Shailesh Patel   01 December 2021

Ok thanks  to all  of  you for useful guidance give to me.


P. Venu (Advocate)     01 December 2021

Who is (are) the seller(s) - one among the brothers or both the brothers?

Shailesh Patel   01 December 2021

One among the 2 brothers. 

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 December 2021

From the query it is deduced that land is in joint name and partition didn't take place, in which case Sale Deed needs to be signed by both.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 December 2021

Both the owners have to agree and sign

Jeevan Patil   02 December 2021

Until division, Beth's consent and signature is mandatory

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 December 2021

In my understanding, one among the jointees can execute the coneyance deed for the sale or transfer of his undivided share. Other jointee's consent or signature in the conveyance deed is not required. However, the buyer  will not get posssession unless the property is partitioned by metes and bounds.

Adv Ibrahim Deshmukh - Navi Mu (Advocate)     04 December 2021

Agree with Adv. Venu.  The brother intends to sell his share can do so, without consent or signature of other brother. The sale deed will be valid only to his share of portion. New buyers name will be entered in place of brother selling his portion in 7/12 Extract, but no physical division possible at this stage.

Adv Deshmukh Ibrahim
Mob 7045536236



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query