against municipal chairwoman

in my town we elected a woman as our chairperson of the municipality but in every government program and sanctioned welfare her husband is involving and involving in hers responsibility and chairperson literally not attending any meetings of municipality so what should we do is there any process to make this issue and notice to municipality chairperson lady women and her husband. what is the proces to follow to make her husband liable or not to interfere in government programs or meeting as his head.

Move a "NO confidence" motion against the chairperson as per Municipal Corporation/ Committee Act / Rules.

Local laws apply on the subject.

It is advisable to seek professional service of a local prudent lawyer for appreciation and analyses of facts, guidance and necessary proceeding. 


Retired employee.

Every meeting should be an agenda, discussions, minutes, resolutions under the Chairmanship and through ex officio members.   Arrangements are always done by officials.  The proper resolutions after due signatures, resolutions will be implemented through orders duly signed by Officials like Commissioner.  Such interventions are not ruled out, due to certain reservations and in the end, there is a laid down procedure being followed.  There must be opposition and they should agitate and restrict entry to outsiders and confine the meeting/office premises to duly elected representatives only.  When those concerned are not worried, media should bring the issue to the attention of the Ministry and serve strict instructions prohibiting unnecessary involvement and participation in decision making by outsiders. Agitation by few spending their time and money in useless pursuits is not proper.

Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. File Criminal cases on Husband & Wife, for Misrepresenting, Intimidation, Fraud, Nuisance, etc.... with proper evidences /witnesses, on the points mentioned by you.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 


Yes, Learned Advocate Sri Hemant Agarwal’s advise is in proper position.


"we elected a woman as our chairperson of the municipality" Who are 'we'? Are you a municipal councillor?





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x