LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gautam (none)     20 November 2011

After how many years any one can claim in propert

respected sir, 

 We have a  land which belong to my grand-father which was divided among 3 sons out 5 sons in 1952 saat bara   .In 2010 the remaining 2 sons grand son claim that the property belong to their grand father and should get a share of land.Problem 1 -so will of grand father . problem 2 - can any claim their share after 60 years when all records in 3 names.


 2 Replies

girish shringi (advocate)     21 November 2011

Why not?


Try it agressively in the revenue department and prove the facts.


Girish Shringi



sujit uday (lawyer)     25 November 2011

first check out weather other person who does not have any rights over the property is staying there or making use of the property,if so , it would be quite difficult for you to get back the property as they might take adverse possession as a ground for which the term is 12years.if not then you can enquire the registrar of that particular area and take back the possession of your property share that belongs to you.or if the property has already been acquired by other sons then file a suit to claim your share. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register