LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dnyaneshwar Vaidya (Officer)     18 September 2023


good evening dear friends

I am married having to kids and now I came in contact with my childhood friends lady friend and I want to marry her but the difficulty is we both do not want to disturb my married life.

My lady friend is married to the another person and I need your help in the following situations she is going to send a divorce notice to him but she do not want to file any police case against him in spite he has troubled her a lot physically and mentally

This is because she thinks that police will arrest him and she her childrens must not be away from him she will be with me.
when she leave him and before leaving we are going to send him divorce notice during the divorce procedure ahe will be with me if my wife do not complaint at all if my wife complaints I am also also going give her a divorce

Dear Friends

please Guide

Can we live both together if my wife do not complaint at all

Her husband will trouble a lot to both of us we know how we can be saved from him


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     18 September 2023

As you are married and not divorced you cannot marry another woman which becomes bigamy and you will be punished. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2023

Whether your wife allows you to marry her or not, you cannot marry your friend during the subsistence of your marriage and the wife is living.

If you still go ahead then you will be considred to have committed an offence under section 494 IPC for which you may be punished to undergo imprisonment up to 7 years also.

However living in a relationship without  marriage is not an offence

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     19 September 2023


Dnyaneshwar Vaidya (Officer)     19 September 2023

thank you everyone 🙏🙏

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 September 2023

Bigamy is punishable by imprisonment. Article 349 of the Revised Penal Code imposes the penalty  for the crime of bigamy. Thus, the accused, if found guilty of bigamy, shall be sentenced to imprisonment within the range of six years and 1 day to twelve years.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register