Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Advise on divorce case

My wife had filed divorce case 3 years back under section 13A. it has been running in court since 3 years. If I want to give divorces then what options are available for me? Like 1st option in running case I will tell to judge that I am ready to give divorce or 2nd option I ask my wife to withdraw this case and we jointly file mutual consent divorce section 13B.


Your quick and valuable response will be highly appreciated.  


1st you need reqest your judge for transfering it to mediation/ lok adalath  so that there you can settle up the matter as Mutual Consent so that you can come back to the same Judge and remark as no claims from either side then it will be considered as 13b. there with the Consent of your wife you can go for Mutual divorce..


kind regards,

Ngr (a) Ghayaz.R - Advocate Madras High Court 

Sirius Group- Chennai




If you are ready for divorce in that case you ca convert existing petition in mutual consent divorce or you can file fresh petition for mutual consent divorce.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x