LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adhara (k)     27 December 2014

Advice on spelling mistake in court notice

Name was wrongly spelled in COurt petition and Court Notice, My name was spelling mistake Do i can refuse the notice saying its not me ??? as the spelling is wrong?

 1 Replies

Simran Kaur (Advocate/Legal Consultant     27 December 2014

You cannot refuse the service owing to incorrect spelling of your name. The address and other details sufficiently identify you. Any refusal to appear on court notice for such reason can have adverse consequences. It is advisable that you appear before the court. However, after you appear before the court you can request a change in your name's spelling in the petition and in court file.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query