LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

James (student)     08 December 2013

Advice on lodging a pil

Dear sir

I am a medical student from goa and i am preparing for MDS entrance exam.

Unfortunately there is no post graduate entrance exam in goa and the admissions in state  is based on internal marks obtained from  1st to the final year which makes it very unfair for students to get admissions. So the students who have not got good marks in the academics are not able to get admissions to the college.

So the only option left to the students is to answer the ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAM and get admissions through ALL INDIA QUOTA.. as state quota is based on internal marks.

i would like to file a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in the high court for  recommending a GOA STATE entrance exam  for Medical & dental post graduate courses ..

Kindly guide me as to how to go about this.






 5 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     17 December 2013

You file Writ Petition to conduct   Entrance Test for Admission  to Master of Dental Surgery by Goa State government, on the lines of merit determined by the centralized competitive rest held at the National level for Admission to M.D.S.  As per D.C.I. for Admission to M.D.S. course students should pass B.D.S. from College & University recognized by the D.C.I. Candidate must have permanent registration of Dental council of India /State Council.   Contact;  GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES,  Email:  cell No: 9290673693.

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     17 December 2013

You file Public interest litigation in the High Court  seek direction to Goa  Government  to conduct Entrance Test  for M.D.S. as D,C.I.  it is optional, you question DCI. Notification .  contact : GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES,  Email:   cell No:9290673693

James (student)     18 December 2013

is there a need for any legal notification to the government before filing a writ petition or PIL in the goa high court?

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     19 December 2013

Legal notice is not  required you may present representation to the Dental council of India and to the Ministry of Health Family welfare. Without present of representation you can file Writ Petition in the High Court. To question DCI. notification.  Contact: GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES,  Email:

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     19 December 2013

No need to issue issue  legal notice, you can question DCI notification by filing Writ  Petition in the high court. You may present representation to DCI and concern Ministry before filing Writ Petition wait for one  month. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register