Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Kumar (Manager)     21 December 2011

Advice need on after divorce

Dear Sir, 

I am going to get divorce and i am agreed to pay what ever my wife wants from me, But i want to clear one thing that my wife forced  me that if i wont give her share in my property and cash then in this situation she wont give me divorce and she just like to make me blackmail, Question is this if i give her all and she get remarry then in this situation can i take any legal action regarding given property and cash. 

Learning

3 Replies

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     21 December 2011

Dear Ravi,

You will pay alimony under settlement before court, once given you cannot take it back by any means. If your wife is blackmailing then get your settlement done before Court. you will definitely get relief and get rid of this blackmailing / extortion. In mutual consent you will have to pay alimony towards past, present and future.

Regards

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Bhasin & Associates

9811210505, 9868635640

rajiv_lodha (zz)     22 December 2011

1st clear all points during MCD deed, nothing to be done under pressure. If u feel a blackmail, do not sign MCD........simple.

1st budging under her pressure & then crying.......not good, dear!

Devesh A. Bhatia (Advocate)     22 December 2011

As far as my understanding goes, if your wife remarries the alimony stops. You dont have to pay alimony to your wife if she remarries. You may still have to pay alimony for kids that you may have. 

Property once registered in her name will remain with her even after re marriage. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register