LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sainath Anpoju (Employee)     27 July 2016

Adverse report on current address(passport)

I have Applied passport in june 2016 and police verfication had done and at that time i was in the house but next day i got a message of "Adverse report on current address". Actual what happened means All my proof was recently edited because of wrong name and address and police ask to give 1 year ago proof but i dont had any proof so went away and after 3 weeks I got a message of Show Case Notice(SCN). What should I do now ? I had called to passport helpline they said me to go RPO. What happen after going there and what they ask me to do? and I have applied through college custodian(Student) and If they say me to pay penalty, How much they fine me? How many days will take to complete this whoile processes and get my passport? Please help me!! 


 3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 July 2016

Explain the matter.

If apprehensive, consult local lawyer.


You may visit the RPO and explain the situation along with supportive documents to prove your request for passport is geneuine one. If RPO is satified with your explanation he may resend police verification to your old & new address as well. Reply / comply with the requirements of SCN.

Try patiently without setting any definite timeframe. If you have Aadhar show it to RPO that will

hasten the process.



Ashok Thakur (Senior Lawyer and International Law Consultant)     20 November 2016

Dear Sainath,

I don't agree with my friend Thangavel. The PRO is 'Deadlocked' as he has no jurisdiction to slap his own assessment on Police Reporting System as "Security Grounds" scruitnised by the Home Ministry and appropriate advisory is issued to MEA.


The best recourse available to you is to Petition the Court. Please respond on the listed email at the bottom of this response.



Ashok Thakur, Senior Lawyer, Esq

Supreme Court of India and United States

Email: AKTLawGroup@gmail.com 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register