LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

virender (AM)     04 February 2024

Adopt son after marriage


I am married. I have a daughter. My wife not want more child. Can I adopt a child (Male) without consent of my wife.


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 February 2024

No. Without the consent of your wife, you cannot adopt a boy.  The biological parents and adoptive parents shall attend the adoption (if the wife or husband is not alive then only it is ok).

1 Like

Ramanathan G (Independent practice)     04 February 2024

reply by K. satyanarayana sir is correct. in addition,
please ensure, motive of person giving you in adoption. at Kerala State, a few years ago, grand parents gave child born without marriage, to adoption. adoptee parents relinquished their property to the child. mother and paramour did Strike, and got child back. "Kerala have shame" was their poster.
1 Like

Shashi Dhara   05 February 2024

If Your wife is declared by competent court as unsound mind you can adopt. Anyhow you can have foster son who has know rights.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register