LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   06 March 2022

addition of names in late father's house


our parents have expired.
how can we add our names in our parent's House ie.property records

thank you for your valuable and immediate response from legal point of view

Best regards


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     06 March 2022


You have to get legal heirship from court. Thereafter you can transfer the property in your name.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 March 2022

In some states, the Revenue dept is empowered to issue legal heir certificates on the production of such application with an original death certificate and then all legal heirs of deceased have to divide the land into metes and bounds for such shares in each name, get the settlement deed registered in the name of individual co-sharers and file application with such fees for mutation in Revenue records.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 March 2022

I agree with the advise of expert Mr. GLN Prasad, obtain surviving member certificate from area SDM / Tehsildar, divide the properties among all LRs of deceased and get it recorded / documented as a family settlement (if there is no will, which may not be applicable in your case)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register