LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maulik Joshi   27 January 2020

Adding wife's name in my single owner property

Hello Sir, I owned the flat in Mira Road and Housing loan from HDFC. I want to add my Wife name in my property as a second owner. can you guide me process and approx cost involved.


 4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 January 2020

What is the urgent need to add another name in a property which is already under mortgage with the Banker?

When the property is under a mortgage, alienating in the name of the family during such loan is not proper legally.

if you wanted to ensure protection to your wife, you can make a will or gift showing such conditions etc..

contact a local advocate or solicitor for due help. 

Nikita Parekh   28 January 2020

Under Transfer of property Act, there are many modes of transfer available

If in case you need legal opinion you may contact

shamataneja (Advocate)     29 January 2020

Make enquiries to the bank Shama

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 January 2020

Executing a gift deed is the possibilty. In many States, gift among specified relatives involve only lesser stamp duty. However, there could be impediments because of the mortgage to the bank and the nature of the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register