LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


 5 Replies

chukhu simon   30 October 2021

can you placese explain me how to new section on of FRi?

M V Gupta (Advocate)     31 October 2021

If the investigation by the Police reveals that the offence is covered by another section, the police can add the same while filing the charge sheet. FIR cannot be tinkered. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 October 2021

What are the facts? What is the ontext? 

minakshi bindhani   01 November 2021

As per the illustrated query!

You can ask the police in writing through your lawyer to amend the FIR and include Sections that you need to add or amend. If the police are not willing to amend FIR, File a private complaint in court under section 200 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 with all of the details and the courts will ask the police to investigate.
If you have filed a private complaint and there is also an FIR, both the private complaint and FIR will be clubbed together and the case will be heard as one single complaint, that way you can include or amend the new Section.

Hope it is useful!
Minakshi Bindhani

SREENIVAS SUNKA   01 November 2021

If found by law that police has arrested wrongfully, then the concerned has to arrested and should be made accountable for his actions for abusing a citizen's fundamental rights

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query