LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sundaravelan R   28 January 2022

Adding my mother as dependent

I am working as doctor in central health services under labour ministry.
My father is recieving pension of
rs. 35000/pm. My mother is housewife.
Can i able to add my mother separately as dependent of me for availing CGHS benefits for my mother Medical treatment.


 7 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao ( )     28 January 2022

what sort of pensioner is your father

Sundaravelan R   28 January 2022

Tamilnadu Electricity board pensioners sir. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 January 2022

Go through the website of CGHS and study the definition given by them for for claims of dependants, and the laid down procedure for 'Dependants".  You can also file RTI online application with Rs.10/- fee and can seek information as follows: Infomation solicited: 1. Please provide me a certified copy of the laid down norm/directive for adding dependants.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 January 2022

She is dependant upon her husband i.e.., your father, who is already been benefitted by being a state (Tamil Nadu) pensioner, hence she is not dependant upon you to be included as CGHS beneficiary.

1 Like

Sundaravelan R   29 January 2022

Thank you sir 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 January 2022

no need for RTI.  the information is otherwise avalable on website and in public domain.


If your father had income  (from any cource) less than Rs 9000/- pm you can addd your mother in CGHS.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 January 2022

Father's pension as stated by member:  Rs.35,000/- PER MONTh  (not per annum)

Reply:  "If your father had income less than Rs.9,000 p. you can add your mother in CGHS.

There was a long pending demand about increasing such income up to Rs.50,000/- and the latest status is not known.

Finally, the member can never add his mother's name, as she must be also a family pensioner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register