Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Action on wife's lawyer

Hello experts,

After marriage I and my wife lived in my brother's home. My brother lives in London so we were using his home. My home was under construction at the time of marriage. My wife filed divorce and now she claims share in my brother's property claiming his home as her matrimonial home. I have no right in my brother's property. Her lawyer sent a letter  to society explaining them all the situation and told them not to allow them to sell this property. I know they can't stop my brother from selling his own house. What action can be taken on my wife and her lawyer legally?

Learning

5 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     11 February 2014

Your wife by any chance is she in  the habit of consuming drugs or rather i feel she should be sent for medical check up . Her lawyer is smart and is misleading your wife by sending a notice and would clim his fees for sending the notice . There is no need for you to take action as her lawyer has taken action by misdirecting her and giving her false hopes and would be fleecing her in terms of lawyers fees . So she is already getting her punishment :P.

Your brother can sell his property when ever he feels like and nobody can stop him and neither she will get a cent from the sale of your brothers property . 

fighting back (exec)     11 February 2014

stanley is right, the wife cannot lay claim on the property owned 100% by the husband, he is free to sell, transfer or turn it into a garbage bin........her lawyer is trying to fool you as well as her.......she can only ask for residential right in the husbands property. 

(Guest)

has your wife married to your brother? No na, then, she is not entitled to get a cent from that property.

(Guest)

I know she cannot get share on my property or my brother's property or my parent's property till IRBM nonsense passes. Her lawyer claims it as matrimonial home and says she can get share on that property. Any one who has common sense would know that on title if your name is not there then you don't get anything. 

I would like to know if I should send thank you letter to her lawyer for misguiding her or I and my brother should file defamation since they are marketing my divorce.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     12 February 2014

:)  like Stanley's comments.

There is no need for you to take action as her lawyer has taken action by misdirecting her and giving her false hopes and would be fleecing her in terms of lawyers fees . So she is already getting her punishment

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register