Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Accused of being drunk

I work in a Law firm.

I was dead tired yesterday by the time it was noon, I had already covered 3 courts and was meeting up with the client in the afternoon, interviewing and drafting.

One of a colleague told, I look drunk.

I got enraged and gave it back properly to him.

He simply got scared and left the office running.  On the way out he was shouting, he is drunk, he is drunk. few other colleagues came to check on me.  I blasted them also properly.

This is a tort and our great judiciary and its lightening speed and compensation given plus lengthy proceedings, I dont see any point purusing such matter in court.

A word of advice from fellow Lawyers might be of help.

Learning

5 Replies

manoj   26 October 2017

There is no proper explaination in your query .

Manoj

Advocate

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     26 October 2017

Detail are missing. Merely a person alleged that you are drunk does not mean that you were drunk. Have any medical examination was carried? If no then there is no basis to prove that you were drunk at the relevant point of time. 

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     26 October 2017

Should I reply to it in the same tone and tenor as you respond to other Querists here? Be that as it may, the allegation at least explains your behavior on this forum.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Atul (public ID)
Should I reply to it in the same tone and tenor as you respond to other Querists here? Be that as it may, the allegation at least explains your behavior on this forum.

Shut up rascal

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sidharth Srivastav, Advocate,
Detail are missing. Merely a person alleged that you are drunk does not mean that you were drunk. Have any medical examination was carried? If no then there is no basis to prove that you were drunk at the relevant point of time. 

Every body has only one thing to say that I looked drunk.  It is not their fault, but their expeirnce they had with such people.  Unfortunately, I being tired, and almost sleepy due to lack of sleep, made is look more obvious.

But nobody has guts to directly ask me whether if I was drunk or what was the problem that I was facing. and everyone has formed their own opinion.

Things have come to a stage within last 2 days that I am feeling uneasy to continue working there.

If someone would have suggested blood test, I would have readily gone through.  But surely would have filed defamation case on these people.  They neither asked me anything, nor they took me for blood test.

Simply doing character assasnation.

The air is difficult to breathe in the environment.

Am wondering what to do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register