LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SIMMY (NO)     05 November 2012

Accident case

My father was driving car and suddenly one 16yrs old boy driving very rashly his activa hit our car and we picked him up and got him admitted to hospital and while on his way to hospital and everywhere he was stating that he was at fault, it was his mistake and we have 2 witnesses that he was driving rashly and came on the wrong side. The police never took his statement than and after that day , next day the father of the boy lodged an fr against my father under section 279 and 337.
can we lodged case against the boy as he is a minor plus he was driving rashly ?
please help. 

Learning

3 Replies

Ratnesh kumar (Advocate)     05 November 2012

see there is nothing much you can do, as far as the rash driving is concerned desired section has already been there so u cant do much. and as far as he is a minor that will help him more since his case will be transfered in juvenile court..

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     05 November 2012

Akready rplied in expert section.

SIMMY (NO)     05 November 2012

Thank you Ratnesh for your reply.

but i would like to know, can we not file a case against him for rash driving and plus that he was minor so he endangedred other's lives as well..
They have already registered an FIR and now, the police is offering us to go for compromise, with no fault of ours, we took the boy to hospital as well and there is just a minor fracture that he has recieved due to his careless driving?

(How can parents give vechiles to their children to drive and someone like us get punished for the wrong doings of the parents.)why should this be an option? Would that boy not punished and we with no fault of ours be unecessary punished ?

and Thank you Arvind for you reply as well but i really dont have got any answer as one of you is saying that we ae helpless and while the others is providing the solution n the form of FIR,

Still confused what to do ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register