Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRAVEEN KUMAR SINGH   25 April 2020

ABUSING RECOVERY OFFICER OF DHFL

I have taken a housing loan from DHFL and was repaying the pre-EMI
to them, but due to fund shortage I was not able to pay 2 consecutive EMI. After that some representative came to my office and met me personally and I assured them to clear the dues soonest.
But one of them called me on Sunday and threatened me to kill if I don't pay by Monday,hearing this I started recording this conversation and I also repeatedly confimed his name. He abused me and my family very badly.
Now I have stopped to pay the EMI what can I do now.
The company has also insured me by their sister concern DHFL PRAMERICA equal to the loan amount of 30 lakhs.
Can I file any case against the company.
Now I don't want to pay them, and I have the recoding as a proof.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     30 April 2020

Hello Praveen!

I understand your concern. But these are two separate issues. 1 default on EMI by You and 2. Abusive Langusgae used by the recovery person.

You may file police complaint against the person who had in his personal capacity abused you and your family members and also gave threat.

But stopping of paying EMI on this count itself will make you liable for SARFAESI ACT and DHFL may take action against you.

I would suggest you to inform the DHFL Authorities  about this incident and lodge a complaint with the police against that particular person and pay your EMI.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register