LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratheebh T M   24 May 2017

Absconded employee

Hi, I had absconded from my sservice, i had worked for 9months and I know my PF ac number. Is there any way that i can apply for pf without contacting the employer. Please advise

Learning

35 Replies

Due to health issues.

(Guest)
Agree with Amisha ji.

Hope i had cleared my point. If there is no way leave it. I had absconded coz my personal reasons. *thread close *

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 May 2017

Hope you shall take it positively.

If employee has sent notice of resignation/resignation by ordinary post, then attach a  copy and send by Redg. post.

If employee has resigned then employee has not absconded.

Employee should never abscond.

Why would employer convince that employee has absconded?

To allege soem misconduct and press penultimate charges with or without informing employee by effective mode of communication say;Redg. Post

PF can be applied for withdrawl after separation from employer-employee relationship.

Te abscondment is pressed to claim in internal records employee has not separated........................and deny attestation of PF forms.

In majority of the PF offices the process seems to have been ON Line.

PF number may suffice.

Check with PRO/APFC/RPFC in nearest PF office

Employer can not decline to issue/inform PF number and has to supply PF a/c slips of each year to employee (that EPFO has been issuing for employee).

Assuming that jurisdictional PF office is not ON Line, you can submit PF withdrawal forms to employer by Redg. Post and download POD from Indiapost website. 

Declinature to attest PF forms is offence.

Employer had to submit attested PF forms to jurisdictional PF office within 5days and supply the acknowledgment isued by EPFO (for employee) to employee by effective mode of communication.

If employer has been declining to attest PF forms then these could also be attested by other authorities designated by EPFO e.g. BM of Bank that maintains your bank a/c and submitted to jurisdictional PF office.

Assuming that: Even if employee has absconded then employee looses lien on employment in 10 days as per standing orders and employer has to act in accordance with standing Orders and terminate employment.

In your case if employer has termianted employment by termination order then internal records have to declare employee has separated by termination.

So, Employer has to attest PF froms, in such case also.

Reiterating:

Declinature to attest PF froms is offence.

Resignation is personal matter and resigning is not misconduct.

Reiterating:

Check with nearest PF office.

The intervention by employer may not be required with On Line option and if you want to transfer than to withdraw, PF.

LCI expert Mr. Sudhir Kumar is well versed with PF matters and have been helping querists on PF matters.

If you wish you can seek his advise and insights . 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2017

absconded emplopyee cannot  be treated to have ceased to be in service and canot compell employer to submit his claim form.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register