LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senthilkumar M   22 March 2020

About mcop

police officer filed fir against who
died in mottor accident. if i claim under MCOP Act or not?


 4 Replies

Joy Bose   23 March 2020

Can you please clarify your question.

Police filed an FIR against the person who died in the accident?


Joy Bose

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 March 2020

The death of parties and insurance claims are separate.Insurance company's liability for the policy is still there though concerned policy holder expires.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2020

They are two subject:

One is under criminal law, by which the Police will be prosecuting the case against the accused ;

Another is filed under the Motor accident claims tribunal act for compensation.

This will be based on the insurance of the vehicles involved in the accident. 

So what is your question?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2020

If you or a loved one were involved in a road crash that resulted in death, injury, or disablement, you are eligible to receive compensations from the Motor Accidents Claims Tribunal (MACT). Established under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, MACT is a civil court that gives victims an opportunity to be heard.

Motor Accident Claim: Taxable or Not. According to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, any person who has suffered injury, permanent disability or death caused by a motor accident, the victim or their next of kin is entitled to claim a compensation from the Motor Accidents Claim Tribunal or MACT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register