LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niket Dubey   01 September 2020

Aadhar bank

I went to open account in Bank of Baroda and as per court's order submitting Aadhar is a voluntary option
but still the person sitting in the bank is asking for Aadhar what should I do if I want to give my Aadhar?

The bank is consistently asking for Aadhar even if I say no ?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 September 2020

Originally posted by : Niket Dubey
I went to open account in Bank of Baroda and as per court's order submitting Aadhar is a voluntary option but still the person sitting in the bank is asking for Aadhar what should I do if I want to give my Aadhar? The bank is consistently asking for Aadhar even if I say no ?

What are you loosing if you are asked / required to submit Aadhar card number, which is one of the compulsory requirement in KYC ?

Niket Dubey   01 September 2020

my privacy. that's the case came along right to privacy right

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 September 2020

Aadhar Card is one of the identity/address proof banks can accept. Your present residential address and the address  as per your Aadhar card are one and the same, no further address proof is necessary to be submitted.

Please note that bank shall not open account without identity and address proof and you need to submit such proof as acceptable to bank as per the list of such acceptable documents, other than Aadhar card like Driving license, Passport, election card,  electricity bill in your name, house tax receipt in your name etc. in original and a copy there of. Bank returns the original after their authorised officer attesting the copy duly verifying with original. Even if you submit any one of the other documents as noted above, your identity  and address shall have to be revealed as per those documents.

If you want to open a bank account, you need to understand that they are following the instruction of RBI. Read the master circular of RBI and be guided accordingly. Here is the link:

https://m.rbi.org.in//SCRIPTs/BS_ViewMasCirculardetails.aspx?id=9848

Please come out of your meaningless paronia about the so called privacy and cooperate with bank if you are really interested to open account for genuine transactions.

Please note that whatever you do on internet, every single click,  is recorded with your IP address and service provider details to whom you must have given address and identity proof without which you cannot have internet either on phone or otherwise. Where was your fear of losing your privacy then!?

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     01 September 2020

Banks cannot ask for Aadhar as a mandatory requirement for opening an Account in the Bank and by doing so, Banks may be exposing themselves for contempt of Court and if you  feel so, you have  the option of moving contempt proceedings too.  However, you will have to provide another KYC document.

1 Like

Prasanna X D   10 September 2020

Aadhaar is going to be a standard document in the future. It will replace PAN, Voter ID, Ration Card, etc.
If you refuse to give Aadhaar, you can also refuse to give your name, age, ph. no. all in the name of privacy.
Remember, anyone refusing to Aadhaar is hiding something.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register