LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (Professional)     06 October 2009

Imflamatory Statements

I live in Bangalore. I am a Gujarati. My neighbours are Kannadigas. They often pick up fights with us on flimsy grounds. I have complained to Police on various occassions. They have sent Junior Officers to look into the matter. But when these Junior officers come at the scene, our neighbours would rack up the issue of our not being Kannadigas and we are out of state people and have no rights here. Police would meekly listen to all this statements and leave without taking any action.

My question is: Is it not illegal to make such type of  discriminatory statements against someone based on caste,creed or residentship of other state? If so, what is the legal recourse ?

Thanks

Nitin

Learning

3 Replies

yogesh (will tell you later)     06 October 2009

Certainily, there are laws made a complaint to magistrate who may fwd to the Police under provisions of Crpc

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     07 October 2009

YOU FILE FIR IN  NEAREST POLICE  THANE  AGAINST YOUR NEIGHBOURS STATING ALL INCIDENTS WHICH  YOU ARE FACING, IF POLICE WILL NOT TAKE COGNIZENCE OF YOUR COMPLAINT THEN YOU CAN FILE PRIVATE COMPLAINT  AGAINST  THEM  IN PROPER JURISDICTION CRIMINAL COURT.

N.Ramakrishnan (Advocate/ Senior Partner)     07 October 2009

Dear Mr. Nitin,

Mr. Adinath is right. If the police is hesitant to register the FIR, you also have the option of approaching the magistrate seeking a direction to register the complaint under sec. 156 (3) of the Cr.PC. or you can also file a private complaint before the jurisdictional magistrate.

Thanks,

N.Ramakrishnan, ADV

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register