Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Teesta Guha (VLE)     26 February 2014

How can my child use her mother surname ?

Dear All ,

I am  32 yrs old lady from WB. I got married forcefully by my step mother 11 yrs back . I spent only 4 months there.  . My so called husband started to do live together with another lady in my matrimonial house . Finally I left the place with pregnancy for 3 months. I had no shelter for me at all . My step mother also refused to gave me shelter . Later got a job as maid servant in a noble family and gave birth there of my child . Took admission in open university and completed Post Graduation . Got job in a Govt. Project . My son is now 10yrs old . He never saw his father . I tried my best to convinced my so called husband . But he denied and started to continuing live together with different ladies . Now he is HIV positive and having social identity just as a pick pocketer . Since birth my son lives with me in a different place . My son now reads in class V in a most reputed convent School. In the birth certificate of my son there is my so called husband's surname is mentioned . So same as well as in his school record too . But I am very eager to change my son's surname and want to use my surname to my son's all record . I discuss with the lawyers but they told me as per Indian law it is just impossible . If possible please help me out . I will be the grateful forever fr the same . ....... Teesta (on

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register