How can my child use her mother surname ?

Dear All ,

I am  32 yrs old lady from WB. I got married forcefully by my step mother 11 yrs back . I spent only 4 months there.  . My so called husband started to do live together with another lady in my matrimonial house . Finally I left the place with pregnancy for 3 months. I had no shelter for me at all . My step mother also refused to gave me shelter . Later got a job as maid servant in a noble family and gave birth there of my child . Took admission in open university and completed Post Graduation . Got job in a Govt. Project . My son is now 10yrs old . He never saw his father . I tried my best to convinced my so called husband . But he denied and started to continuing live together with different ladies . Now he is HIV positive and having social identity just as a pick pocketer . Since birth my son lives with me in a different place . My son now reads in class V in a most reputed convent School. In the birth certificate of my son there is my so called husband's surname is mentioned . So same as well as in his school record too . But I am very eager to change my son's surname and want to use my surname to my son's all record . I discuss with the lawyers but they told me as per Indian law it is just impossible . If possible please help me out . I will be the grateful forever fr the same . ....... Teesta (on




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu