LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subhashri (senior accountant)     07 January 2013

Claiming expenses without filing for divorce

I got married in the year 2006 and have a girl child of 5 year old.

I am not getting any emotional or financial support from my husband. My mother-in-law is a hysteria patient and she abuses me everyday and she turns very aggresive. I am worried about upbringing of my child in the said circumstances. My husband is least bothered about what is happening in the house and he does not spend time with me and my kid. Everyday I have to ask for money for day to day expenses for myself and my kid.

I have tolerated all through, now i have decided to stay in the same house and demand for monthly maintenance legally. Please suggest how to proceed for this.

Regards

Anu

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 January 2013

Originally posted by : subhashri
  XXX

now i have decided to stay in the same house and demand for monthly maintenance legally. Please suggest how to proceed for this.

First hire via local reference an advocate, who may;
1. File RCR on your behalf along with Civil injunction suit matter not to evict you till finality of the matrimonial matter from the matrimonial home in reference to context.
2. File Civil Maintenance application under Hindu Laws on your behalf.

subhashri (senior accountant)     08 January 2013

this is a query with regard to the above following.......as mentioned above....i feel at risk despite police intervention to solve this issue in a mature manner.My spouse has repeatedly refused in the presence of the inspector of police any kind of support physical ,emotionally and financially to our relationship. and he does not require me and my daughter when given an option to live separately.More ever his mother in law is suffering from bi polar disorder in which she undergoes a series of emotional  break downs which leads aggressive behavior which a threat to my child growing up and my existence in that residence.Living in a separate residence is my only option considering the current state of affairs.

Could i claim maintenance for myself and my daughter if i was living separtely ?How do proceed for separation ensuring that this maintenance continues?

Regards,

Anu

rajiv_lodha (zz)     08 January 2013

See lady!

In 1st post u said that u want to live in same house while getting money legally.

In next one, u r showing ur colours that u want 2 live separately alongwith child n get money.

So be clear in ur intention n thought. In martimonial issues, police cant do much gud. U wil get maint money on merits. If nothing is left b/u n ur hubby, better find ways for MCD

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register