New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suryabhan (medical )     08 May 2023

7/12 uttara

I have plot and builder have taken money to do 7/12 under my name 4 years before.And now he is telling there is something we need to pay challan so when we pay challan can I see my name under 7/12 or after I pay challan I can see my name.


 Thanks and regards 


 8 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 May 2023

No.  You can obtain the copy of it from thasildar office.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2023

After purchasing the property, you should have got revenue records, i.e., the 7/12 records immediately to your name.

The four years time taken by the builder for this routine task is unreasonable and unjustified.

Even now you can directly approach the local tehsildar office with an application and copy of registered sale deed requesting transfer of revenue records to your name.

You can ignore the builder, but get back the amount you have paid to him earlier.

Once the revenue records are transferred, you can obtain the extract of the latest revenue records 

1 Like

suryabhan (medical )     09 May 2023

I have been there in tehsildar to get 7/12 under my name but cannot meet him,then builder said I will do for you.

I have 3 plot but it's different places so I have 3/4/5 ghunta and builder said I cannot do 7/12 since it's small plot so I have paid money to him.


now what I can do he keeps on telling he is waiting for challan once it's come and I will pay.

so what I can do please suggest should I wait for challan ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2023

The builder is continuously dodging you for years with the same reply though he has not taken any steps to complete your task.

Therefore you can approach the Tehsildar office in person, enquire about the procedures and the documents required to be submitted aong with the application and submit the application in person, follow it up scrupulously with the authorities concerned, you can be sure that you will get the task completed within two months.

1 Like

suryabhan (medical )     09 May 2023

Sir I have purchased land in 2010,2012 &2013 still I can go and approach Tahsildar ? And I am not in india now so how I can chase up

thanks a lot for prompt reply 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 May 2023

Authorise someone to approach concerend authorities on your behalf.


1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2023

You can give a power of attorney deed to any close relative authorizing him to carry on all such tasks on your behalf. 

Even now you can do so,  it's not late. 

1 Like

suryabhan (medical )     24 May 2023

Hello to all my builder told me I need to pay 25% of land value to get 7/12 under my name is it any like these as per new law?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register