Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     12 July 2013

If the matter is pending in the court you must settle the matter in mediation cell so that proper order can be recorded in the court file.  Any how ask them for filing of mutual consent divorce petition and mention all these things in the petiion also about the withdrawn of other criminal cases and told them you will pay the agreed amount in the court itself so that it also came on the court record. If they back out from their statement recorded in the court you may file contempt petition against them and will be it liberty to quash the criminal cases from the High Court.

Vivek Malhotra

Advocate

(Guest)

Hello Vivek sir,

I did not understand what you are saying. What is mediation cell? Could you explain all the things clearly please

Mediation Cell - Where the parties mutualy comproise the matter between themself and mediation cell is in the court premises. The concerned court refer the matter in the mediation cell so that amicable settlement took place. 

(Guest)

Sir Please give me reply. my total family is suffering with this problem I do not know what to do?

if the FIR was registered U/s 498 A then it is true it will not be finished when you get the divorce. Only the High Court has got the jurisdiction to quash the said FIR U/s 498-A but after settling of all the issues i.e. divorce granted by the court and there is nothing left between the parties. Ask your lawyer to record the statement of your wife in the court on oath that she will withdrew all her cases.

ur totally confused call me 9716670701

Divya (nil)     22 July 2013

Hello Sir

Just a mention

The Hon’ble Bombay High Court (Aurangabad Bench) in “Bhavika Potdar vs. Manoj Narendra Sonar & Anr.  dated 21st June 2010” and the Hon’ble Bombay High Court in “State of Maharashtra vs Madhu Bhisham Bhatia & ors. dated 16th February 2004” – have principled that “A Magistrate court can compound 498A criminal matters if parties have compromised - as all courts have a duty to encourage genuine settlement of matrimonial disputes.”

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 July 2013

seeking advise without facts?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register