Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RANGAM SREEDHAR   02 May 2022

498a wife died

Sir,

I am NRI. My wife died of cancer and I spent 40lakhs and full documents proof is available. FIR is lodged 10 days before her death.

Now case in the summons to witness and only 1 person attends every time and he says that today he is not well. Court insists we attend each hearing. Being NRI is not possible for me, my brother and mother stay 300 km away from the court. 

Can I get a petition from the high court to complete this case at the earliest? Please help me and I belong to Andhra Pradesh and any lawyer from the high court who can help me. 

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     02 May 2022

You are an NRI. Are you now in India or abroad? What for did you spent 14 lakhs, for the treatment of your wife, to fight the case or for anything else? What for the FIR was filed?  Who was the complainant?  Does the court know that your wife is dead?  If the death of your wife has been reported to the court, in what capacity is the person attending the court?

RANGAM SREEDHAR   02 May 2022

Sir,

Right now I am abroad. I spent 40 lakhs for her cancer treatment and all bills were paid from my bank/credit card. FIR was filed stating that we have taken dowry and when she was suffering we left here and demanded additional dowry.  But after our marriage, we never stayed in India and I do get air/rail/bus tickets showing that she never stayed with my mother when she was alone. 498A r/w 34 IPC and sec 3&4 acts case was booked. I do have an income certificate of my father inlaw that he earns 60K yearly. they also gave a complaint to passport authorities that I have not traveled to India when she died but passport authorities cross-checked and closed it by saying I traveled to India. Yes, the death of my wife was reported in the chrgesheet.

- Chargesheet simply says as below ..

1) Given torture and demanded additional dowry. Will get 2nd marriage for not having children. 

2) They mentioned that they provided cash of 3 lakh, yes they gave me 2 lakhs in my joint account when my wife was in the hospital and i paid the bill and another 1 lakh his brother paid directly to the hospital.

3) They also mentioned that I left here but she was using my credit card and I gave cash also for all necessary treatments. Credit card bills are proof. 

anubhav Bhatt   02 May 2022

Dear Client, As per our understanding you want to expedite your case nothing else for that you want to move an Application before High Court herein it will come under the ambit of 482 Cr.P.C. for more clarity you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly.
Adv. Anurag Bhatt
High Court
📱 9198889990

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     03 May 2022

498A is one of the many women-centric laws.  There is an association called SIFF in India.  It is an association of husbands and ex-husbands harrassed by unscrupulous women and their relatives. However strong may be your case you have to engage a good lawyer in India to fight the case. Wish you good luck.

Gagandeep Goel (Advocate)     03 May 2022

With immediate effect and you should serve a notice upon the senior officer or the police and the local investigating officer regarding your problem and you can also file an application under the provision of section 156 (3) Cr.P.C. for directing the court to monitor the investigation and the investigation be conducted in a fair and impartial manner.

Place all the documents on record before the concerned magistrate regarding the medical treatment and also seek a list of questionnaire which the local police officer wish to rely upon regarding the process of investigation and cooperate with the investigation.

The local police will not be able to drag the matter for a very long time and within 1 of 2 appearance the whole matter will be furnished.

Regards

Gagandeep Goel, Adv

987 220 6969, 88173 00001.

masterlegalwork@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register