LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mission   02 November 2017

498a quash issue

My wife has done 498A. Now after 1 years and 6 months, police called me. Wife is not attending any procedding.

They asked me to write - I dont have anything as dowry Item. I gave, My family members too gave same statement .

Marriage is 14 yrs old. Child is 12 yrs.

What is the next step.?? What police will do now as wife is not attending investigation.

Learning

12 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     02 November 2017

Police will charge you , arrest you to be produced before the magistrate and submit charge sheet for your prosecution. Apply for anticipatory bail to prevent arrest by police.

Thanks for reply sir,,, I have AP bail for all family memebrs and self. 

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     02 November 2017

Sir, 

If you find the FIR false and useless, either get it quashed or agrue for discharge from the case. 

Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Thanks Kapil for response.. 

It is false and fabricated She is living with someone.. I gave eveidence of it. 

will argue. 

Do police itself has power to squase it?  If money given?

Sachin (N.A)     02 November 2017

Police can file closer report but cannot close the case on their own

ok.. Sachin.. 

S M Sayeed   02 November 2017

file discharge petition in trial court or file quash petition in High Court

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 November 2017

Dear Querist

first of all try to submit all your evidence which you have against the wife before the police and if police submit your evidence as Investigation documents and police think fit that this is a false case then the police have power to file cancellation report.

No need to worry, wait till the finalization of investigation and fight the case on merit if there is any document filed by the investigation officer which are in your favor then at the time of charge you may be discharged from the court.

Feel Free to Call

Nadeem Qureshi Adv

9953809956, 9899686394

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2017

what is your grivance

one thing you are accused

another your wife is not suffering as you are suffering

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     02 January 2018

Please apply for speedy trial in HC. Please check the follwing link for more clues.

https://www.facebook.com/RockySmith4Calcutta/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register