Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VJVJVJVJVJ (Professional)     17 December 2013

498a, passport, visa and foreign travel

Dear Members,

I am booked in a false 498A case which was filed after 1 year of my divorce petition. The dowry case is at the stage of evidence of complainant and other witnesses before JMFC court. My divorce petition and her maintenance petition are pending before family court.

Two years back my passport validity has expired and I have not renewed it because I had a criminal case against me in the form of false 498A. Now my company wants to me to go to UK for a week on some assignment.

Can I apply for passport renewal now? If I disclose the details of 498A case filed against me, will I be issued passport and VISA?

Kindly advise me what shall i do if i have to go abroad without making any false disclosure. I want to be clean hands to apply for passport / visa.

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     17 December 2013

Dear Querist

apply for passport with true facts, it may be possible to get the passport & visa 

Q Slinger (NA)     26 December 2013

Please read this before you apply for passport renewal.

https://zodiac498.blogspot.in/2013/07/passport-renewal-during-498a-proceedings.html

For visa, you will need to dislose the facts, however, all the counslates know the problem of false 498a cases plaguing the married men of india. I know a whole bunch of friends who got their visas without an issue even when they declared that they have criminal cases pending against them. No issues for visas.

Q Slinger (NA)     26 December 2013

Please read this before you apply for passport renewal.

For visa, you will need to dislose the facts, however, all the counslates know the problem of false 498a cases plaguing the married men of india. I know a whole bunch of friends who got their visas without an issue even when they declared that they have criminal cases pending against them. No issues for visas.

Vishal (manager)     17 April 2015

I was booked in 498-a in feb2013by my mother in law after my wife got mentally retarded bt brain encephalities in sept2012. I got bail but had to surrender my passport which is now lapsed to IO. now I have joined a company where i need to travel abroad. 17Apr2015 was my hearing date in e-court before Judge Ravinder Dudeja in karkadoom court delhi. My IO had intentionally informed my in-laws who came without any summon . IO saying since chargesheet is not filed you will get it back whereas lawyer said it doesnt matter. Although it was strike day and now my date is 20apr 2015 . 

Will i get it ?

If my inlaws will oppose , judge will consider?

filing charge sheet is must before getting it released ?

Please answer these questions

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More