Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadev   14 December 2015


Respected Lawyer/Members ,

                                                 I have a query on court procedure which i hope you can help me . My 498A case is lodged in SDJM court complex and me and parents are on bail with chargesheet not filed despite more than 1 year of complaint being lodged . Could you please tell me the following :

a) How long Police can delay in filing chargesheet .

b) I checked my bail order provided by advocate and Hon'ble Magistrate has been asking for Final form to be submitted right from the date when complaint was lodged on date after date but Police has not submitted it yet . In my bail order i can see the progress until July 2015 . After this whenever i have asked my advocate he is saying chargesheet not filed it . I am sure Magistrate would have continued asking even after July 2015 for final form to be submitted and if police not submitted he would have given a next date and so on . In such a case can you tell me whether Magistrate must be recording this sequence of events after July 2015 till date in a formal document . If yes which is the document and can i get access to i t through my advocate to know how many times he has called for Final form during this period and police has not submitted it and what reasons Police are giving to justify the delay on every date.

3) My 498A case has a G.R no. What is the full form of G.R. Will there be a separate Caseno. assigned once Chargesheet is filed or will the same G.R no. continue . Is this my case no. if someone asks me or there is any different number.

4) If i search online on ecourts website i cannot find such case no.and details . is it the case that once chargesheet is filed and trial starts its only then details will be available online and not before it.

Please help me.


 2 Replies

Sreenivas V (S/W)     14 December 2015

I am not a lawyer but I faced similar problem and hence giving my opinion based on my experience on 498A.

It is a normal scenerio that in all false 498A cases police will delay filing chargesheet. 

If you know case number then it will be available on line in Police website. In A.P I know for sure it is available and you can check it if you are from A.P.

Regarding checking the status of Case in Court website, first check if the court where this case is running has their records maintained in website. If so then you will definetly can see what is the progress of the case atleast steps. Normally you have to go to district court website online and check your court there and then check on case number our your advocate name.

Madhav kumar   15 December 2015

Hi Iam from hyd can you recommend good lawyer to defend both 498 a case filed against me by my wife and divorce Petetion I filed in family court. Other lawyers ripped me off my money cox iamNRI. Pls help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query