LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manisha   10 February 2021


Mere bhaivi nai hamare pure family ke upar 498a ka false case diya tab to mai sasural mai thi kuch bhi nhi janti thi 4 sal se case chal raha hai .ab meri sarkari naukri lagne bali hai.iss me police verification mai kiya koi problem hota?


 4 Replies

Adv Gopal kanv sharma   10 February 2021

no problem would be there. madam

Kevin Moses Paul   10 February 2021

As per your query, your family has been accused of domestic violence by your sister-in-law.It is dealt under section 498(a) of Indian Penal Code (IPC), 1860.

This section deals with - "Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty".
The section further states that ---
"Whoever,  being  the  husband  or  the  relative  of  the  husband  of  a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine".

In general, the section defines the offence of commencement of cruelty towards a woman by her husband or even her in-laws.

Now, you've said in your query that - "family ke upar 498a ka false case diya tab to mai sasural mai thi kuch bhi nhi janti thi." According, to this statement of yours, it's clear that you are happily married and have been more involved at your matrimonial home instead of your parental house, as expected.

Therefore, it's clear that you were not at all in house when such instances took place at your home, and theres you have no involvement in this said matter at all.

So be sure, there won't be any problem by this complaint in your police verification for the job. Thus, no need to worry about it.

Hope it helps & Best of Luck for your job.


P. Venu (Advocate)     11 February 2021

Let the police investigate; extend them the full cooperation.

Pawan S (Advocate)     12 February 2021

I don't think any problem will occur in getting the govt job.



Pawan Saha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register